Golden Milk is a traditional Ayurvedic drink known for its powerful healing properties. Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. It is known for its ability to boost the immune system and inhibit tumor initiation and growth. Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is fat-soluble, meaning it is best absorbed when eating with fat, making golden milk the perfect avenue.
Benefits of Spices
Ginger aids digestion relieves pain, reduces inflammation, and supports blood sugar levels.
Ghee and Coconut Oil packed with short-chain fatty acids, which are wildly crucial for colon health. SCFA’s maintain the integrity of your gut lining, strengthening cell proliferation, and function.
Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants and fights sugar cravings.
Ground Pepper aids the absorption of turmeric.
1 ½ cups light coconut milk
1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 whole cinnamon stick
1 tbs coconut oil or ghee
1 pinch ground pepper
Sweetener of choice (i.e., honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, stevia)
How to Prepare
1. Add all ingredients to a small saucepan, with the sweetener being last.
2. Whisk to combine and warm over medium heat. Heat until hot to the touch, but not boiling, whisking frequently
3. Turn off heat and taste to adjust flavor. Add more sweetener or make the character more robust with additional turmeric or ginger.
4. Divide into two cups and enjoy
* Best when served immediately, but can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Join our newsletter to receive more of Dr. Popp’s recipes.