Our goal is to bridge the gap between traditional healthcare and chiropractic care. Chiropractic care is a holistic, drug-free, and non-invasive treatment approach shown to help treat dozens of different conditions. Once an adjustment is made, the body can then heal itself naturally. Take our fun quiz on Chiropractic Health and Myths.
Chiropractic treatment involves the realignment of the spine and the nerves, which play a role in every function the body carries out. Chiropractors utilize many techniques; however, the goal of treatment remains the same, to perform adjustments to the spine or other parts of the body to correct alignment problems, alleviate pain, improve function, and support the body’s natural ability to heal itself. The nervous system is linked to spinal function. When there’s a misalignment, the nerve signals have trouble transmitting.
While many patients wait until pain exists before seeking care, establishing the current health of your spine is a vital step for preventative care. It’s common for people to sustain an injury or misalignment during childhood and not experience symptoms until years later. This is why we urge all patients to come in for a postural and spinal alignment assessment before the pain begins. Even just years of poor posture can be to blame; someone doesn’t have to sustain an injury for misalignment to occur.
There are countless reasons a person can become misaligned. Some of the most
common causes include:
- A vertebra going out of place due to a slip or fall
- The entire spine misaligning globally due to poor posture
- Joint swelling caused by damage done to the intervertebral joint
- An inflammatory response induced by a poor diet, lack of pure water, or psychological stress
- Osteoporosis or degenerative changes of the spine or intervertebral discs
- Trigger points and tight back muscles that pull the vertebrae out of place
- Posture is a vital element of not just spinal health but overall health. When something is misaligned, it can negatively impact other areas of the body and apply pressure on internal organs.
During your initial visit, we typically take a health history and perform a physical examination, emphasizing the spine. X-rays may also be performed to give a clear picture of alignment. Once a condition is identified, adjustments can be made to different parts of the body to correct misalignment. Several appointments may be needed to repair a misalignment fully.
Many other techniques may be used depending on your health needs, including:
– Heat and Ice
-Rehabilitative and General Exercise
-Counseling about diet, weight loss, and other lifestyle factors
Chiropractic care is an excellent complement to many other medical care practices. Together we will determine what the best course of action is for your concerns. Contact our office, or schedule online.