(Part one of a twp part series)
Immune Booster – Eating a healthy diet
With the Coronavirus spreading like wildfire, we have to implement immune-boosting strategies at home. Bone broth is a simple, tasty, and comfortable addition to your everyday routine to keep you and your family healthy.
I spend a day making the bone broth in a crockpot (or two), ration it into canning jars and freeze it to pull out throughout the season. You can make bone broth with chicken, beef, turkey, or vegetables, adding in whatever flavors you like! It is diverse, loaded with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids shown to heal the gut, fight inflammation, and strengthen the immune system.
Here is my favorite, go-to recipe:
Prep Time I spend a day making the broth in a crockpot (or two).
Cook Time 8 hours
• 4lbs beef bones: preferably a mix of marrow bones and bones with a little meat on them, such as oxtail, soup bones.
• 1 Garlic head
• 2tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Parsley to taste
Optional: one onion, two medium carrots, two celery stalks, one medium leek
1. Combine all ingredients in a crockpot (preferable six qt)
2. Poor filtered water and vinegar over the bones.
3. Chop and add any additional veggies to the crockpot.
4. Add garlic, salt, and pepper
5. Bring to a boil, and you can cook on high for 6-8 hours. I toss out the broth and add additional water and start the process over.
6. Remove from heat, strain and remove the bones and vegetables
7. After the broth has cooled, ration it into canning jars and freeze it.
How to Use
You can use bone broth in soups, sauces, and stews. As a healthy immune boost, you can drink the broth daily. It’s a good substitute for coffee or tea. Try warming up a cup upon waking and notice the difference in your day!
Immune Booster – Taking that extra supplement
My favorite product to fight against viral infection is Oivirex. This product supports your immune system by fighting off viruses and foreign bacteria. It also supports upper respiratory symptoms of runny nose, sore throat, and cough. If you have questions on supplements contact our office. Olivirex can be purchased easily from Wellevate by clicking on the link in my online store.